GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Go Rhino Grille/Brush Gaurd on the front of the Express, what do y'all think? I still have to put the front air dam on it (I just got one from an 07 1/2 ton with a Chrome bumper - the full air dam instead of that little crappy piece of plastic that was on it) I like the brush guard I think it makes my van look mean :) I opted for some small yellow fog lights to match the rear fog lights.

I also pulled off the boring old emblems and replaced them with 3500 HD pieces from an 08 pickup. The "Chevrolet" on the back is off of a Venture I still can't find an all chrome "Chevrolet" but this one was as close as I could find and will work for now.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
WOW, that looks impressive, like you're loaded for bear with that grill. Nice look!:great:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Dam that should cut down on the damage when you hit that next deer.
I think I have hit more deer the last few years with our trucks than I have hunting.

Looks great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I live on a backroad in the country and I cannot count how many dear that I have hit. also not 2 days after I installed the brush guard I (fir the first time in my life) hit some black ice and spun out into the woods into some really thick brush and the guard did its job- no damage and I hit pretty hard I know if it wasn't on there I would have had to replace my left headlight grille and prob the left fendy at the very least.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I installed the airdam that GM says is for 1/2 ton vans with chrome bumpers only. To me it is the little details like this that make a vehicle what do you guys think?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think that somewhere a Mini driver just looked at that pic, and pissed them selves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey nice van I will b posting my van up to it's nodded like crazy ... Just wondering how much was the grille guard n air dam ... Would u make a diy on installing the fogs?? ...

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I don't believe I have ever seen a van with a brushguard before, I really like it though. And yes you are right about the small details, and a lot of times GM will say something won't fit but in reality it will. I have ran across that with several items I have bought in the past, keep up the great work deer slayer! :fighting0037:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks good really needed the brush guard some black wheels next to help finish off that mean look

·
Registered
886 Posts
The grill guard looks tough on your van. If I owned my2005 E-350 powerstroke I'd put one on that, but it's my boss's and he's not coming off the cash!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
most killer van ive seen imo

·
Registered
134 Posts
very nice van, i was gonna do a brush guard till they told me 600, i havew seen them, they rust quickly up here, so now i will either make mine or a custom front out of f/g, still figurin it out and looking for the time myself ,

keep the custom going buddy, it's looking cool as hell

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I haven't ever seen a brush guard on a van but I'm glad I have because it looks awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This thread is exactly what I have been looking for, for a long time. I am wanting to put a grille guard on my 04 3500?

Where did you order it from? and is it made for the 3500, and how much modification was need for the install?

Thanks a bunch

-Eric

1 - 19 of 19 Posts