GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a couple issues on my truck but I thought I could address them separately.

Always.
From a stop if I floor it it really goes slow and take a 1/2 block to get up to speed. But if i ease into ti it gets up to speed faster.
(The rpms stay low and it has no power)

similar issue

Sometimes.
From a stop if I floor it it really goes slow and take a 1/2 block to get up to speed. But if i ease into ti it gets up to speed faster.
(The rpms go really high and it has no power)

could these be related or separate issues?

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
301 Posts
Check your fuel pressure and your fuel filter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't see which vehicle you are running, but I believe those values are low in general.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Yeah, severely low. Runs way better scratching around that 60+PSI mark. New pump time.

Reactions: xxxzodiac

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got a code reader.. 1 Left front oxygen sensor bad. 2 knock sensors bad. (I was told my throttle body is whats causing the delay.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Did you fix the fuel pressure issue? Because the low pressure will cause the delay and symptoms you are describing.

I would not start with the throttle body.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the throttle body is easier to fix than the fuel pump. It is a fly by wire not direct so that make a little sense. I swapped out the throttle body and it seems to have fixed the hesitation problem. time wil tell if the hesitation after warmed up and driving all day problem stops. I ordered and received a new exigent sensor i will swap out when have some time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts