GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In December of 2019 my third Avalanche owned turned 90K miles. I retired my 2013 Z71 Avalanche to my auto barn collection and began an impossible search for a replacement. I owned a 2003 and 2008 and for 17 years lived the dream driving the best all purpose luxury SUV Chevy ever built. I looked at every SUV & truck Chevy and brand X to replace my trusted Avalanche. After two years, I test drive a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and found it to be a great and close replacement for my old Steed. I set it up with a hard tonneau and other items and while smaller, called it “Son of Avalanche”. What do others in the Land
of the Bow Tie think?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Howdy and welcome. You do realize now that you’ve baited all of us you have to provide photographs. There might be a forum rule that requires you to post a couple of times before you can actually upload photographs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chevy Guy are you kidding? You retired your 2013 Avalanche with 90K miles? I have 195K on my 2004 Ext and it still runs like a scalded ass monkey! Although I am looking for a replacement as we speak. I would like to hear more about this "son of avalanche"..

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
My '09 Av has around 175, 000 and I'm thinking of a replacement as well.
Like @Chevyguy56 I've looked at the Colorado, I do love the ZR2; but it may be a little too much off road for me.
I like the Z71 Trail Runner; but not sure I want to spend that much.
I've owned a couple of new vehicles; but I prefer one that is a couple of years old (let someone else eat the first year depreciation).

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 05 has 409,000 miles on it. It has that 5.3 tick, but as long as it makes noises, it means it's still running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
My '09 Av has around 175, 000 and I'm thinking of a replacement as well.
Like @Chevyguy56 I've looked at the Colorado, I do love the ZR2; but it may be a little too much off road for me.
I like the Z71 Trail Runner; but not sure I want to spend that much.
I've owned a couple of new vehicles; but I prefer one that is a couple of years old (let someone else eat the first year depreciation).
Ray Voy,
That is awesome I am the same. I have been searching for a Crew Cab GM from 2012-2017 4wd with the right miles and the right "feel" and color. I am also open to a Toy Tundra if the right one would come along... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts