GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a flat tire today :grrrrrr: Thank God it was in the parking lot of an STS Tire & Auto Center. I tried to remove the spare tire from underneath the bed, but I was unable to remove it cuz the mechanism was rusted so bad. I'm gonna have the tire patched in the morning but I do want to move the spare tire from the underneath the bed to inside the bed. For easier access in the future. I found this but I'm not sure if it will be compatible with my BackRack http://www.jcwhitney.com/universal-spare-tire-mounting-kit-for-pickups/p2012147.jcwx

Any info/ suggestions on other in-bed spare carriers?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work with your BackRack. Looks like its adjust to fit along the bed rail in front or behind the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
That one should work ok, it'll mount at the front of the bed or the back.
After you put your tire in a more accessable place dont forget to put either a lug lock or cable on it to keep jerk-offs from stealing it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm gonna look into it some more, my only issue is that I'll lose bed space with my spare taking up one of the corners of the bed. I might just order a replacement stock spare tire holder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts