GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been chasing for a long time a slightly rough idle that's throwing no codes. 2011 Sierra 1500 5.3 190k miles. I was checking spark and the spark defineley skips randomly. however it does it on every single one. I have a hard time believing that all 8 coils are going bad and doing the same thing. I will upload a video of the best shot of the spark, just keep in mind each coil is acting the exact same. So y'all think all 8 could be going bad or something else could be going on?

· Registered
6,939 Posts
the GM engine is the scan tool of the computer analysis data ... the PCM is inspecting the engine computer connectors ..now GM around 2007 and new the electrical pins and the plastic connectors are damaged and the pins are corrosion ..CCP parts ..
coils are working great but the sparks are dropping ,,,,

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the GM engine is the scan tool of the computer analysis data ... the PCM is inspecting the engine computer connectors ..now GM around 2007 and new the electrical pins and the plastic connectors are damaged and the pins are corrosion ..CCP parts ..
coils are working great but the sparks are dropping ,,,,
I have had someone point this out and I unplugged and checked all the pigtails going to the fuse box and the pigtails going to the ecu not a single pin was loose or corroded.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the electrical pins are silver then the GM is corrosion and the silver pins are green .... damaged ..
many of the vehicles are in the PCM under the engine area .
the forum guys are the semiconductors PCM and its corrosion in the water/salt water ..
Yes I have checked every pin on the ecu and fuse box and of each pigtail and none of them are discolored or loose or corroded

· Registered
6,939 Posts
Yes I have checked every pin on the ecu and fuse box and of each pigtail and none of them are discolored or loose or corroded
you have to go to the GM dealership and use the technician to look up the computer to see if its the electronic components ..
so you did not do the codes of the truck ... then NO CODES go to the GM ...

· Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 480k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
2,346 Posts
Sounds like you need to verify the pulse to the coil trigger is the right power, rhythm, and not intermittent. I think you need a scope for that, though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts