GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Chevy k2500 6.5 turbo diesel extended cab long box
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm new here so just hoping for some assistance. having problem with my radio and speaker wiring. all of my speakers work except the drivers front door speaker. if i test the wires with a test light i get power through all wires including the negative speaker wires for all speaker locations. but no sound out of drivers door speaker. i don't understand why i am getting power through the negative wires. i even switched the left and right speaker wires and still no sound out left door. this is on a 1997 k2500 extended cab. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
I would guess your speaker is blown (the coil is open), buy, or find, a cheap small speaker to use as a test mule. Connect it to the speaker wires, if it works, you're speaker is toast.

The + and the - on speaker wires is not the same + and - as your battery.
It is used for polarity; but it is amplifier output polarity. The speaker - is not grounded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take your passenger speaker and swap it to the driver side to test. If it doesn’t work you know it’s not the speaker but another issue. From that point chase your wires and check for breaks and loose connections. Also check ground wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts