GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to disable the alert that goes off when you are going over 75 MPH? Any help please.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
lol. Didn't know they put that on there. How often, may I ask, does it turn on? With traffic these days, I'm averaging 45 MPH on my way to work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 10 minute commute to work and it is all open freeway. Anytime I hit 75 MPH it starts beeping then wont stop until I get down to 70 MPH.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Perhaps some background details about the vehicle will help us figure out how to kill it. All the way up to 2005-2006 Im fairly sure they haven't had anything of the sort in the Suburbans, but I could be wrong. Did you buy this vehicle from some government entity, or somewhere like uhaul? I can see someone like that putting an aftermarket buzzer of some sort in to alert you, I know uhaul did it with their trucks at 65mph for the longest...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about that. It is a 1993 k1500, it was originally owned by a doctor then briefly by someone else that I bought it from.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
LOL thats funny. I've never heard of that. I guess its the trucks way of saying "Excuse me, are we being a bit excessive" :rofl:

·
Registered
109 Posts
thats insane!! all u need to do is find the buzzer and cut one of the wires. Unless it is like the door buzzer or what ever the hell it is...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I wish I could find it, but I can't seam to stay on the freeway doing 75 MPH with my head under the dash, other drivers look at me funny.:lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Then have your girl freind or wife look for it when your driveing. That will get someones attention :rofl:

·
Registered
533 Posts
here is NJ it's 75 min just to keep up with traffic! glad i dont have that little bugger in my hoe :)

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Yes I wish I could find it, but I can't seam to stay on the freeway doing 75 MPH with my head under the dash, other drivers look at me funny.:lol:
lol. Good point I guess. What type of noise is it? What year again?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
My 93 has no such device and none is mentioned in the owners manual. Must have been added at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can see the other drivers....You are looking in the wrong place!:rofl:

Set the rear end on Jack Stands and stick your head under the dash and push the Loud Pedal with your hand untill it Buzzes...............:great:

Better a Bottle in Front of Me,
than A Frontal Lobotomy, Sub Zero!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts