GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 tahoe and the speedometer is crapped out it works then it dosent have had an instant where the tach did this and the oil pressure gauge, have noticed alot of post other places anyone have any news on recalls or know how an individual can repair this themselves

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
speedometer

I drive a 2003 Chevy Tahoe and my speedometer is doing the same thing from time to time.

Mr 84fier0123 any answer for us....Please help!!!

I'm also having a "Reduce Engine Power" message came across my screen for the first time yesterday morning. So I caught the bus to work when I got home I started the truck up and it did not return I rushed the truck to have the oil changed and all the fluids changed or topped off and when I left the truck was running just fine, but again this morning same message "Reduce Engine Power" I allowed the truck to run for about 6-7 minutes and noticed that the truck was idling to about 3 and would drop back down to the line between 0-1 and it continued for about another 4 minutes and I turned the truck off and started and the message was gone again...Please help me

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have read this is happeniing a lot for older GM trucks... unfortunately, it's a very expensive repair, as you can't buy just the motor that is shot, you have to buy the whole assembly.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bout two months ago GM sent a letter to people with the 04 tahoe concerning this item.

if you need the letter i can scan in the letter for you guys to read if you never got the mailing .

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Fox news did a story about this problem a few months ago. The final oucome was that if you were within warranty GM would repair the vehicle, you need to be persistant with your particular dealership about the warranty repair as some dealerships refused to submit it for warranty, parts of the gauge cluster werent covered by the factory warranty, and if you were out of warranty it would cost about $370 to get repaired.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There was no recall on the clusters, but there was a special provision. I just bought a 04 silverado a couple weeks back and the tach was not working, so I figured what the heck I'll see what the dealership says. He looked it up and found the special provision. The truck can't be more than 7 years old or exceed 70k miles. Fortunatly I only had 68, 885 miles and they replaced the whole cluster free of charge, and now it's warrented for 12 months or 12k miles, good luck

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
just buy a used one off ebay.

have the mileage reprogrammed at the dealer for 80 buks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts