GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replaced the defective steering gear this afternoon, with a good used one. made a world of difference!! has zero play now,steering is nice and firm as it should be :) the one I removed, was a reman unit!! wonder what happened to it? it was on the burb when I bought it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Update

Please give me an Update I have a 1989 that has loose steering and when I hit a bump on the road or if a big rig comes by me I fell like i am going to get blown off the road......

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Please be careful! I had a steering box strip out on me before and it could have been deadly if I was driving down the road at the time. It was very loose and it stripped out completely in a parking lot.

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
I have a little bit of play in my steering, and I'm wondering what the process is to tighten it up. I can turn my wheel maybe 10 degrees with the play, but it's enough for me to notice it, and I'd like the 100% tight steering. Thanks for the help as always...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that was my exact situation, replacing the box was the solution for me,as adjusting it was not an option,as the adj. screw was at max adjustment

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
What would be the process for adjusting the gear, as mine may have some adjustment left in it before I have to replace it. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts