GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any websites/posts on how to install an amp to a stock head unit on the NBS trucks? i want to do it this weekend but i need a how to on all of this so i dnt screw up. that would be great. thanks

something in a step by step procedure.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Ok Ok first offf.. Take the amp out of it's box..LOl.. J/k.. Well you do have to do this first.. But lets start here What brand amp did you go with? What radio do you have in your truck? What speakers are you hooking up to the amp?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subs- Rockford 2 p3sd210's (2 ohm)
Amp- PIONEER GM-D8500M 1200 WATTS MONO
Wire kit- RF rfk4x
Box- subthump dual 10"

Where & how do I hook up to the speaker signals? how do I tell what's +\-...left/right

Does the firewall already have a hole for me to run pwr wire?

Where should I hook up remote wire too?

Did I miss anything? Lol

Thanks !

·
Registered
491 Posts
REMOTE WIRE - RUN TO ANY SWITCHED 12V POWER SOURCE.

Run speaker wire from speaker box to amp. Hook up correctly as far as postive and negative.

Should be able to find room to squeeze power lead though existing holes in firewall or drill new one, or run through door jam, into floorboard (not the best way)

Ground wire should be as short as possible, make sure you get a good ground.

Do you have a LOE (i think that what its clalled) converter? tap into one of your rear speakers for signal.

You have a mono amp, so only one channel so tap into left rear speaker for signal. No need to justify which is right or left.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If this is a stock head unit your going to need aline out converter and tap that to your speakers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My amp has speaker level input so I wad thinking of using that instead of the loc. If it sounds good I'll just stick with it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
is there four wires or two for the speaker level input? should only be two sine you have a mono-amp. Anyways, just tap into your rear speakers and use the sli , the amp manual should tell you what wires are for what side and postive/negative. (Passenger side is right, driver side left).

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would run it to the radio fuse or radio power lead. Thus, when radio is on amp is on and off when radio is off ... or find something that comes on in the acc mode of ignition.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
On the side of your dash or under the hood..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts