GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i have a few questions about a stereo install on a 2002 Silvy Z Crew cab. Thanks to ScReWs®lOoSe, i see now that my dual-din DVD player will fit nicely.. so thanks for those pics. The only question i really have left is this: How am i going to get my Cerwin Vega Vega Max 15" sub to fit in this truck? I have seen a few custom installs under seats and whatnot.. but i havnt seen anything over a 12" sub. Has anyone seen or has anyone actually installed a 15" sub into one of these trucks? Just as a little info about me: I am not stranger to custom fabrication of enclosures or new interior panels and things of this nature. I will be taking the stereo out of my Eclipse to put into this truck, as my Eclipse will no longer be my daily driver after i get this truck in about a week. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
hey there! how are things?

WOW!! a 15 inch sub huh? that should be interesting. you are definitely going to have to go with a custom box on this one. i dont think under the seat is going to cut it here. i think you are going to have to go behind the seat. the downfall is that you are going to lose a few clicks in the seat. i have a 10" solobaric L7 behind my seat and i think i lost 1 notch. the only thing i would suggest is to put some kind of grill over the sub so it allows it to move freely without the seat restricting it. you should be able to go to any custom audio shop to have it built. make sure you know the rated air space for the sub. if you dont know it, just go to the manufactures website to find this out. good luck! by the way, what amp are you pearing with this thing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. i can fabricate the enclosure myself, wont be a problem. According to my measurements, the sub will fit (snuggly) under the rear seat, and i can fabricate the enclosure so that it will stretch the length fo the rear seat, giving it adequate airspace. and i will incorperate a rolled horn style box with the port aiming towards the center of the cab.. that way more bass is exhausted inside the cab rather than eaten by the seats. I just wanted to make sure someone hadnt found a better answer before i broke out with the matting and resin lol. As far as Amps go, i have two 400 watt Kenwood Excellons pushing this monster, each bridged to two ohms and then down to one ohm into the sub it's self. With the right death metal song, it can beat your brains into the floorboard in about 5 seconds flat lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
sounds like you got a good plan. i say stick with it!! good luck. send some pics when you are done. i would like to see it. i would like to hear it to, but thats another story....your idea sounds like a winner to me. once again, good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
snugly under the seat

is there gonna be room for the sub to project to the end of the surround and voice coil?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my measurements so far.. i will need to get some 1-inch spacers for the seat brackets. After that, i should have no problem with full excursion from the sub. I will take build and install pics along the way once i get started on it, and post them on my MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/deadlightstudios

1 - 6 of 6 Posts