GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 suburban seems to have a problem with the driver's p/w switches. It only effects the driver's window and rear driver-side passenger window switches.

When the switch is pulled-up to close window and then released the switch does not return to the neutral position (it as if it sticks up). If I let go of the switch, it remains up and is drawing power as the dimming interior lights remain dim. Just brushing the switch is enough force to return it to the "off" position. If I don't touch it, it will continue to send power to the motors seemingly forever.

Has anyone else had this? Am I missing this as some obvious feature? Does this warrant a trip back to the dealer?

Thanks,
Joe.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Joe,

I've never experienced anything like that. I don't have an '05 Burban though. Most windows have auto-down, but not auto-up (probably a law against it so fido doesn't get his head squished).

Maybe hit it quick with a little lube? I wouldn't try WD40 becuase it's too runny, but a little non-conductive petro-based lube might help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,

Precisely what I intend to do. My 2001 Toyo had an auto-up (unusual indeed but handy at the toll both) but I don't think that is what is going on here. Just seems to stick.

If the lube doesn't fix it then back to the dealer at 1K miles for an oil change and to address this issue. I just don't want to burn out a motor by applying power to it for 2 hours!

Thanks,
Joe.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I thought that they have started building shut-off relays so that it will kill power if they get stuck. Maybe not. Anyhow, keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
pardon the pun. It should be an open and shut case with a little lube. ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny!

OK, further investigation in daylight uncovered the following:

The switched and controls mounted on the Driver's armrest (windows, mirrors, etc). Are misaligned with the trim plate the surrounds them. This causes the leftmost switches to rub on the trim plate thus not returned to the neutral position.

I would tinker with it myself but instead I think I will go back to the dealer and have them adjust it since it is brand new.

J.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Go to the dealer and don't screw with them. It may void your warrenty if you do.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Yeah, for sure. I know that I've spilled a drink or two on an armrest or two and it's gotten a little sticky. That's a job for some type of lubricant.

But if you're talking about a trim mis-alignment, that's another subject altogether. Let the dealer take care of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steve, don't use lube on them. Go to your local radio shack and pick up a can of tuner cleaner and a can of compressed air. Use the tuner cleaner and then the air to dry them:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.