GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to Trailblazerclub.com, a site that I hope will be used as a tool to expand the enjoyment of being a Chevy Trailblazer / GMC Envoy enthusiast.

Feel free to jump in, ask questions, give answers, discuss how-to-fixes or provide any other information that you think is relevant to the community as a whole.

I have only seen a couple of TBs/Envoys that have had customer wheels/tires put on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw a Trailblazer the other day that had the polished silver wheels that I think are called "spinners". Does anyone know about these? What do they do, just look interesting.

I thought I was rolling forward when I looked at them, even though I was stopped. bout gave me a heart attack.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm considering going to a 20inch chrome rim...not sure about spinners, I'd love to try them but they are pretty expensive. Especially since I know I'll have to take them off in the winters here. When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll put a few up...I once saw a post from a guy who had his custon rims STOLEN off the truck. He came out and his TB was up on blocks...UGH!!!

Ckvin
2004 TB EXT 4wd- White
Southington, CT

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that can be a problem anywhere. It's more common with the more expensive rims, like Daytons or whatever. (Do they even still make daytons?)

I'm going to change up the way that the photo gallery works. Right now we're using a program called Gallery, and I'm going to use one that integrates better with this website, should take me about 2 hours to get it up and running...when I have time that is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have always put custom wheels on my trucks and suvs. I do know the feeling about the block issue. I have had three sets of wheels taken from my truck. Well, let me rephrase, they took the whole truck. But one time they left some "nice" wheels in exchange (lets just say the wheels they left belonged in a junk yard). I think one was even flat. hahaha. I put wheels on my TB. I put 18' MHT Kaotik Z6. They are a nice wheel. But a word to the wise.....be careful if you buy discontinued wheels. I just spent the last three weeks trying to find the little cap that goes in the middle of the wheel that says Kaotik. I "bottomed out" in a dip and the cap went flying. I finally did find a place to get another cap and ordered five of them.

Gallery.....did you get it up and running? Also, on the home page where it shows a picture, does it go through and show all the pictures in a gallery or just a selected few.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also looking to put 20's on mine. Does anyone has any insight as to how much side wall I can keep with a 20" rim? I live near the beach and do alot of beach riding so I need to keep maybe 55-60 side wall so I can slack the tires down.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is your TB stock height? I have a 2/4 drop and I put 18' on my Tb. I put a 255/55/18 tire on my TB. however, my wheels just clear. I don't think you will want to put 60 series on. However, anywhere you go, if the wheels don't fit when you turn them all the way, you don't have to buy them. If you get low profile tires, the tires to get are Goodyear or Yokohama They are the best tires for low profile. Sometimes, places suggest needles and one other but they aren't good low profile. if you need any other help, ask away.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock height for me. The wife takes the little rug rat around town with the TB most days. It would be nice to have it lower for her to get in and out. Plus it would handle a bit better around the turns, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts