GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a 2005 silverado extended cab. Some of the lights in the radio weren't working and, since I am on summer break, I decided to take the radio/stereo out and fix them. When I did this, I found this box in it. Attachments included. Is the stock? If not, then what is it. Thanks

IMG_3542.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
I have an '01 Silverado so our dash and OE stereo are quite similar. I'm not sure what that is (possibly an amp or sub connection) but it does not look stock.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have an '01 Silverado so our dash and OE stereo are quite similar. I'm not sure what that is (possibly an amp or sub connection) but it does not look stock.
That's exactly what it is. Most of the stock radios don't have RCA jacks for sub output. I don't remember what it's called but its basically an adapter

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
I like how the previous owner just cut the wire instead of simply unplugging. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
@D-rek07 does your truck have an amp and/or sub in it or were they removed as well? If they are still there, then I'd leave that little black adapter in there. If there is no amp or sub then, yes, go ahead and remove it...unless you plan to put your own amp or sub in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@D-rek07 does your truck have an amp and/or sub in it or were they removed as well? If they are still there, then I'd leave that little black adapter in there. If there is no amp or sub then, yes, go ahead and remove it...unless you plan to put your own amp or sub in there.
There is nothing in it. I am going to remove it right now and come back with results. You probably don't care what happens but I will get another post. :great:

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
You probably don't care what happens but I will get another post. :great:
LOL! Unless something catches fire, it will probably be pretty mundane. :glasses:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it out just fine. Everything is copacetic. Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts