GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 'hoe. i did full front bakes about 1-1 1/2 year ago. ( rotors , calipers, pads) now recently my brake pedal feel strange. the pedal feels soft and week, I'm not looseing fluid, and my idiot light isn't on.. i asked my mechanic and he said possible my rear brakes are a little out of adjustment. i was thinkin gthough maybe my front pads are a little wore, cuz if i recall i put cheap 2yr warrenty pads on. and it seems that brake psi changes with engine speed, vehicle speed and if i'm negotiating a turn in say a parking lot. any other ideas? thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had my 1998 Tahoe serviced with new front calipers, pads, and rotors and was told that my pedal was soft because of a bad master cyclinder. If everything is new like mine, that could be the cause of your soft pedal. I hope that this helps you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
U may want to try adjusting the rear brakes. Just take off the drums and there is a small wheel at the bottom of the brake system. Turn that till the drum is snug against the shoes when you slide the drum on and off. You may also want to try bleeding the front brakes. I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
... just wondering how your brakes turned out Tahoeboy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mushy Brake pedal

Yup the brakes are scary! Just picked up a 04 Yukon and the brake pedal is soft. Stopping distances are longer than usual for me! Anyone know how to remedy this? JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts