GM Truck Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I am in the driveway when my wife pulls up in the 05 Nox (80K+ miles). It is making this clacking noise that sounded like piston slap at first, but then I started wondering if it was the fan since it just stops suddenly. When my wife gets out of the car, she is saying the A/C is not working now (it took a long time to cool this past weekend). Then I smelled what to me smelled like something electrical burning. There were no warning lights on and the car was not overheating at the time.

Now, I am wondering anyone here has experienced this problem. I am thinking the smell and noise may have come from the fan motor burning out? Also, with the A/C all of the sudden acting up, it makes me think the fan may be on its way out (I know the R134 does not cool at all if there is no airflow over the condenser).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
163 Posts
So today I am in the driveway when my wife pulls up in the 05 Nox (80K+ miles). It is making this clacking noise that sounded like piston slap at first, but then I started wondering if it was the fan since it just stops suddenly. When my wife gets out of the car, she is saying the A/C is not working now (it took a long time to cool this past weekend). Then I smelled what to me smelled like something electrical burning. There were no warning lights on and the car was not overheating at the time.

Now, I am wondering anyone here has experienced this problem. I am thinking the smell and noise may have come from the fan motor burning out? Also, with the A/C all of the sudden acting up, it makes me think the fan may be on its way out (I know the R134 does not cool at all if there is no airflow over the condenser).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
If the electric fan motor was on the fritz your engine would be overheating. Sound more like the AC compressor cluth is on the way out or is dead to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the electric fan motor was on the fritz your engine would be overheating. Sound more like the AC compressor cluth is on the way out or is dead to me.
You were right, it is the AC compressor clutch. I am going to buy one and have it replaced next week.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.