GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
So lets see if I get this right homes are in foreclosure, people loosing jobs left and right,what jobs that are out there dont pay much, taxes are on the rise and these idiots are sooo worried about our trucks . Unbelievable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same Old Stuff

Well ......That's the Washington Governement..........

We already have the highest gas tax in the nation..........and pushing the highest gas prices........

The highest minimum wage ..........

So why not tax the vehicle's that we drive........$400 for my surburban 7.4

Washington is one of the biggest buyers of Trucks in the country.......

Go figure.............Lets just figure out how to get more money from our residents.......

PS Our governess...has the highest state surplus in the country.......Go Figure....

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Well ......That's the Washington Governement..........

We already have the highest gas tax in the nation..........and pushing the highest gas prices........

The highest minimum wage ..........

So why not tax the vehicle's that we drive........$400 for my surburban 7.4

Washington is one of the biggest buyers of Trucks in the country.......

Go figure.............Lets just figure out how to get more money from our residents.......

PS Our governess...has the highest state surplus in the country.......Go Figure....
I moved out of Washington for a number of reasons. I still love the people, the scenery, the food, the outdoor activities ... but the politician and policies were killing me. I just wonder how long they can keep pushing everything higher and higher before it breaks the economy up there?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Steve..........

well it's a backassword approach........The put this mandatory minimum wage increase each year for the past 3 yrs ....which has created the highest wage in the states........

So they think they can just keep getting it back in Taxes...........

I just read today that the Governor sent to state a surplus budget of 1.2 billion......and the state wanted a 1 billion surplus...........

But just keep raising taxes.............

And by the way..........She was warning to tighten up.........WTF.......WHO.......THE STATE>>>>>>>>

HN.........US!!!!!!!

Thank god your out!!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree Washington has gotten so expensive to live in. If it werent for family I would have moved a while ago.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Highest minimum wage in the nation, highest fuel prices in the nation, a proposed bill for license fees based on engine displacement, I read today they are considering toll booths to collect funds for bridges and road repair (not unheard of elsewhere but there has to be an end sometime).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes........

I heard that too........like they need more money for roads................

Last summer I watched 4 guys work over 2 weeks on about a 5 mile stretch of INST 84 in Kennewick as they sand blasted the cracks along the shoulder and then fill with tar!!!!!!!!

And WE NEED MORE........Yea Ha!!!!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah i heard about this tax right after I bought my truck... Me = :grrrrrr:

sorry a little offtopic but speaking of stupid NW bill proposals... did you hear about the plastic bag tax they are talking about implementing in the grocery stores?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i heard about this tax right after I bought my truck... Me = :grrrrrr:

sorry a little offtopic but speaking of stupid NW bill proposals... did you hear about the plastic bag tax they are talking about implementing in the grocery stores?
The last I heard, that was only implemented in the city of Seattle I think.

The liberals in this town are in love with all the legislation from our neighbors down south in California. San Francisco recently banned plastic bags in grocery stores. I think they were the first one.

People should be "rewarded" for doing things like using their own re-usable bag as some stores has started doing, or like using your own tumbler when getting a cup of coffee. Adding an extra tax or penalty to the item is ridiculous.

·
Registered
508 Posts
well at least were not paying over 4 bucks a gallon for gas...oh wait...yes we are lol. don't worry as soon as the electric car is perfected the cost of electricity is going to go up 10 fold.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can't understand how they think we can pay more taxes on thethings we must have to live. I seen to remember a little tea party that waqs held in Boston Harbor a few years back and if I remember right is was spured by taxation without representation. I am not a sepratist or anything, but I feel like it is time for the American people to put our foot down and tell the polititicions we are not going to take it anymore! I am just one person and I can do nothing on my own, but put about 100,000 of us together and WE can do alot of things! It will start with the votes we cast come Novenber and then the elections for Senators and Congress. The ABSOLUTE LAST thing we need is a BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL in office no matter what level of government! I do not particularly like McCain but I absolutely cannot stomach Obama! I truly think he is a closet Muslum and I know he is of the tax and spend breed of the democratic party. Yes here in the Uninted States of the Offendedit is time for a fight, a call to arms( so to speak ) and if w2e don't stand for something we will fall for anything! Just my .02 but something has got to give!:grrrrrr: I for one am as mad as Hell and I am not going to take it anymore without at least making my voice heard!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts