GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for 1 12" sub and an amp for my truck. its been awhile since i have payed attention to speakers and all that so im looking for some help. what would be a good combo for under my seat in my extended cab? i dont even know waht brands are good anymore. i dont want to spend a ton just want some more boom

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Whats your price range? Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, JL Audio, RE Audio, Digital Designs, Audioque, Hifonics are all good brands.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont want to spend too much. i was looking at the fosgate p3 shallow. just one 12. i Had 2 12" p2's in my eclipse back in the day and loved them so figured id try one p3 under the rear seat. my next question is. what would be a good amp to power it? thanks again for the help

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
How many watts RMS is the sub? Could you post a link to that particular model?

·
Registered
902 Posts
id stick with a rockford amp then, i mean they are made to pair up perfectly

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Shallow mounts can kick a$$. I've got two 12'' pioneer premiers. Super slim and rated and 1500watts max each and 500watts rms. I have a 2000 watt powering them. Super loud, but super clean sounding at the same time. Crisp clear bass.

·
Registered
491 Posts
they are great, though there is a break-in period you have to follow. Nothing hard, just have to slowly give the bass more volume over a week or tow depending on how much it is used.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
ntbush83 are these your subs?
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-TS-SW1201S4-CAR-12-THIN-SUBWOOFER-SUB-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adfc8171eQQitemZ390301488926QQptZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

what would be a good amp for that sub. like as far as mono or two channel?
Yep thats them! Sorry it says they are 400w rms, I said 500w. I was wrong haha. But yeah that may be the place I got them actually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts