GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets see your work?
how big of sub, amp?
i wanna get an idea on how to mount a single 12 or dual 12 under the rear...

leaning more towards a single sub because i could use the room under the other side... thanks..

can can anyone recommend a sub amp and all that **** for me .....

Zach

·
Registered
46 Posts
What year and model truck do you have. i went with a down fire box on my 2008 ext cab z71. I hooked up on a sweet deal from my friend who had to 10'' dual coil memphis audios and amp that would run both bridged. ASC boxes are one. Here is the website http://www.americansoundconnection.com/custom/chevy/GM2X12-99+.html this shows the dual twelve set up. with 6 3/4 mounting depth and .95 cubic feet per sub you should get some good boom from this. They also have a single 12'' in box. I got the dual 10'' set up from a mobile audio store that bought from them. the reason i got it here was that their box has more cubic ft per sub and more mounting depth for subs that require some depth. i looked at the ones on subthump.com but .65 cubic ft per sub and only like 5.5 mounting depth on the tens and 4" mounting depth on the 12's. On the twelve inch set up from ASC you can mount some kicker L5's for some serious bass if you want to spend the money. or some JL audio W1's will fit nicely and the box has the neccessary space for the subs to hit well. Polk audio makes the MOMO and the class below that which will fit also. MOMO's are buy one get one free from crutchfield. Or some Alpine SWS 1243D's on crutchfield. these have a frequency response up to from 27hz to 700hz. These are just some options for subs that will fit the boxes dimensions. hope this helps out some. Amplifier wise get something that will run higher than the total RMS of the subs that you get and at the certain Ohms your set up at.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the begins the seat better so I don't lose storage under the seat
do you have dementions on that box?

2008 ext 6 foot box z71 4x4. Etc etc

·
Registered
46 Posts
box behind the seat

Zach I don't think they make a box for 2008 ext cabs that go behind the seat. maybe a crew cab. i'll give you the dimensions on both. single 12"
Model
Dimensions (WxHxD)
Type
Cubic Ft
MSRP
GM1X12-99+
23 ½”x9 ½” Front - 7" Rearx13 ½”
Single 12”
$179.99​

dual 12"
Model
Dimensions (WxHxD)
Type
Cubic Ft
MSRP
GM2X12-99+
51"x9 ¾” Front - 7 ¼” Rearx13 ½”
Dual 12”
.95 per sub
$229.99​

I paid less than the listed price

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah it fits behind his seats with out moving them. ill go out an measure for you in a bit(on my pda at work)
please do... im going to do that exact setup...
2 ..10"s
the seat just pulls out... its like 6 bolts or so and out right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts