GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has used the Alpine SWR-T10 shallow mount subs in this box? I, unfortunately have to rid of my full size type R's that I had in my explorer as they wont fit in anything under the rear seat of my 2008 Ext. Cab. If anyone has any input or suggestions, feel free... Thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
you can use Type-R's in a Subthump box, they make boxes that go under the rear seat in an Ext. Cab truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I am reading from around the internet, the max mounting depth for the box is like 5.75" or something like that. The current type R's I have are just a hare under 8" They are 12's if that helps any

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
crap, you're right, that's for 99-06 trucks, my bad. I didn't realize Type R's were that deep.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The newer versions of the ones I have are 6" mounting depth... still too much. So I guess the SWR-T10 is the only answer. Wished there was a ported version of an under seat box hehe. I will just run my current type R's in a big box until I can save for the new ones (and sell off the current ones). Sooo no back seat for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you wanted to keep the type rs, you know you could always lift your seat and do downfiring or even forward firing, you could also do ported. The seat would more than likely be useless though lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts