GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help my 2004 Burban hasn't any air in the back. It has a duel control system in front and back and nothing happens with either. Sacramento summer is right around the corner and my kids will need cool air. Please help.

·
Registered
333 Posts
From your description, we don't know if there is nothing happening with your rear air, or if it runs but the air isn't cooled. Does the front air work?
The last time my Burb's A/C stopped working was because the pressure switch had failed. One minute I had air and then nothing.
Instead of guessing, get a repair manual and go to the section on A/C trouble shooting. It will give you a step-by-step list of things to check based upon your problem.
Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You will have to take your truck in and have the pressures checked. The R-134a could have leaked out causing no pressure, the pressure switch itself could be faulty as tonietal mentioned. The pump front seal was a common place for it to leak out, you would be able to tell because there would be an oily substance on the front of the pulley, or I have seen rocks go through the condensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts