GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a 2002-era Suburban K2500 to use as a tow vehicle and "camper". I was wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the rear cargo floor with:
1. just the 3rd row gone
2. with the 2nd and 3rd row gone

THANKS,
Mark

·
6,019 Posts
With the second row folded flat and the third row out you can fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in it and still close the rear hatch. I will have to measure with the third row gone tomorrow if no one else answers by then

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ditto on the 4 X 8 sheet of plywood with all the seats down. I just had a piece in the back of our 2005 Suburban recently.

With only the third row seat removed it's approximately 66" (5-1/2') from the inside of the rear door/hatch to the back of the 2nd row seats. The 66" dimension is down at floor level and is several inches shorter as you go up from the floor. Remember, the backs of the seats are tilted to the rear so that makes an angle in the luggage compartment that effectively shortens the distance to the rear door. So from the 2nd row seat headrests to the back door/hatch it's probably around 60".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anyone happen to have these specs for a 1999 suburban? I am going to try putting hardwood flooring in the cargo area as well. Third seat removed as well as the second seats folded but easily folded back up in a circumstance that i need them. Anyone have any info that could help me? I have seen this done with show cars and a few friends have done it in thier bmws but i have yet to talk with them because they just drop it off and pick it up when its done. I figured that there would be more info on the web but yet to find much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2008 is only about 5 feet long, 4 feet wide and three and a half feet high with just the third row removed. My 1987 on the other hand, has a lot more space.....the older ones were definitely box bodies. If you ever lookunder all that plastic in the rear, there is a lot of wasted space.

'87 once took a crate 4x8x3.5 feet with the third row removed and second row folded (they fold forward and flat). This is why I kept the older one too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.