GM Truck Club Forum banner

Sucky sun visors

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Aeropagus 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a good permanent fix for the regular sun visors on a Colorado? It's a Z85, no special lighted vanity or anything, just the mirror (without a cover, which is really cheap, hate that too), but what I really miss which you could get on the late 90's S10 (at least in the Blazer) was the dual sunvisors where you could put the main visor to the side and there was a small fixed, non-pivotting visor, so you could have a side and front visor at the same time. Thats what I'd really like to have, and actually I had an 03 ZR2 truck, which I rolled, that I transplanted a pair of these double visors in to, even hooked up the visor mirror lights, wife was impressed! I'd at least like to find a pair that would fit that would have the small extension piece that pulls out. Wife and I are always complaining about these cheap visors on the Colorado, I know S10 ones are way different than the S10 or I'd find another pair. Maybe the upper-scale Colorado would work? Or maybe Trailblazer, are the visors mounted the same way between the Trailblazer and Colorado?
I know this is my 3rd "beeyatch" post in a row, and sounds like I hate the truck. We're relatively happy with it, much more practical than the ZR2 was, but little problems (except for the no-start today, that's a biggie)
Gilly

#3 ·
If anyone has the high-end Colorado (Z74?) and can tell me if it has sunshade extensions I'd appreciate it, otherwise I can check out the new trucks at the dealership, and/or see if it looks like a Trailbalzer shade is the same design for mounting..
Just had the truck there, they need to order a bunch of parts; a part for the anti-theft system which prevented the truck from starting, a wheel speed sensor (this is the whole front bearing assembly?!!), and a "detent" which is letting the right rear seat (this is an extended cab) flop down.
Gilly

#5 ·
Sun Visors

I agree the visors are less that desirable. I have a loaded out 2004 Colorado and the visors are fair at best. My GMC Sonoma had the best with lighted vanity mirrors and the etra slide out shades. I would like to find a set with all the features as well.

Does the Trailblazer have upgraded visors.

I would also like to find the factory leather for the seats. A friend has them on his and he said the dealer changed his out to leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.