GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured this was one of the best ways to help the site to grow. Let me know what I can do to make it better.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Free beer?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought of that, but I think there are laws against giving away alcohol. Darn the luck, huh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If people who participate on other boards would link this site in their posts I think traffic would really pick up. So far it seems very slow :(

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ways to grow the site.

A link with (to) www.rv.net would seem to be a great way to grow traffic to this site. rv.net has open roads forum which is dedicated to rv and camping junkies. Many of these people are using thier burbs just for that purpose. They have message boards dedicated to tow vechicals and towing issues. They also have a looooooot of traffic. Just an idea. Any link to/from their site would be great.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Lock threads that are 'problem solved?'

What do you think about locking threads that have the OPs problem solved? I learn a lot of great repair info here and a locked thread would indicate that there was a final resolution, and I would be interested to read those threads. Or is there another way to indicate the 'resolved' status of a thread?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you think about locking threads that have the OPs problem solved? I learn a lot of great repair info here and a locked thread would indicate that there was a final resolution, and I would be interested to read those threads. Or is there another way to indicate the 'resolved' status of a thread?
Yeah, I thought about that. The only issue is that someone comes by a year later with a slightly different question related to that first issue/problem. They say, "I have the same problem, but ..."

·
Registered
172 Posts
How about if we make up business cards with the website address on them and just leave them on the windshields of every GM and Chevy truck we see during our daily activities.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's actually a good idea. I can work up something that you can print off, put your name down as a referral if you want, and you can put them on vehicles as you see fit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
????

On a second thought, and I don't know alot about this option, what about making a GM myspace.com group and directing traffic here? May or may not be a good idea but an idea none the less...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts