GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to level my truck, but I'm new to the mod tuff. Would you suggest 1.5 or 2" level kit? Which will look good and be better for the back end? Also, have the stock 17" wheels. Will they look ok with the lift? What wheels/tires would you suggest? I don't do a lot of off/road driving, just the occasional dirt road to my parents. Thanks for the suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Go for the 2" leveling kit, that way you can always go bigger in tire & rim size down the road if ya like. Check Ajarman's truck, he had a 2.25" ReadyLift leveling kit with the stock 17's and they looked fine with the bigger tires. As far as wheels & tires go, it's pretty much whatever you think looks best, but some of my favorites are:

Pro Comp

http://www.procompusa.com/productlines.aspx?catID=11&subCat=210&ptID=100073

Mickey Thompson

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php

Dick Cepek

http://www.dickcepek.com/

and XD wheels

http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheels/?siteid=3&groupid=36

As for tires, I have the BFG All Terrain T/A KO's and they're great. Great traction on and off road, good tread life, quiet on the highway and they look good. Other tires to consider would be the BFG Mud Terrain KM2's, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Goodyear Wrangler MTR, and Toyo Open Country M/T.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X2, go with the 2" leveling kit.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Here are a few different pics so you can get a better idea.

This the ReadyLift 2.25" level kit with GY DuraTracs in a 265/70R17

This is the ReadyLift 2.25" level kit & ReadyLift 2" rear blocks with Nitto Trail Grapps in a 295/70R17

This is the ReadyLift 1.5" level kit with GY DuraTracs in a 265/70R17

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, well Im getting a 2" rough country lift tomorrow. Now I'm looking at wheels and tires, what would you guy suggest? I kinda like the look of the rock star machined, the new one. Also looking at grapplers. What size can I get for the lift i'm getting? What the best for a good highway drive and keeping it smooth?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Depending on rim size and offset, you can fit up to a 33" tire with a leveling kit. The more aggressive the tread pattern on the tire the louder it's going to be when going down the highway.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ok, well Im getting a 2" rough country lift tomorrow. Now I'm looking at wheels and tires, what would you guy suggest? I kinda like the look of the rock star machined, the new one. Also looking at grapplers. What size can I get for the lift i'm getting? What the best for a good highway drive and keeping it smooth?
Hey man if i were you i wouldn't buy the rough country leveling kit. I had what Ajarman had on his truck the Readylift 2.25 inch leveling kit. They are way better than other's and ride comfort being you don't have to change anything out like some other leveling kit's. Also it set the truck level with the rear and a 33 12.50 or you might wanna go lil narrower to fit and not rub. The leveling kit from readylift isn't cheap but it's well worth the money! Ha ha don't be surprised after awhile you want a real lift kit lol leveling kit's usually lead to lift kits it's a chain reaction ha.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
A level kit is the gateway drug to lifts!
haha i agree with that for sure!! I know i wasn't planning on lifting my truck until the leveling kit seemed old and now that i got my truck lifted i wanna add another 3 inches lol!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
A gateway drug........LOL! The only recommendation I have is to make sure you have enough side wall plies on the tires. I have had several sidewall punctures from rocks. But, since I got the All-Terrains with 3 sidewall plies; I have been invincible! Little rougher ride, though.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
A gateway drug........LOL! The only recommendation I have is to make sure you have enough side wall plies on the tires. I have had several sidewall punctures from rocks. But, since I got the All-Terrains with 3 sidewall plies; I have been invincible! Little rougher ride, though.
Yeah i had 33 13.50 cooper stt's but now have some run down nitto terra grapplers which are all-terrains. I plan on buying a set of 35 12.50/r18 nitto trail grapplers sometime this year!

·
Registered
39 Posts
you said you like the rockstars but mine aren't machined lol i love the mud grapplers to so check um out! I've got pretty good life outta them too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts