GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not very knowledgeable in this area, but I am looking at a whipple supercharger kit. I know that I will have a professional install it and i know that my stock ecu will need reflashed and tuned for the upgrades... Other than that I am clueless. Will my truck support the added power as is or will I need to upgrade something else for it to be safe? If needs anything for the tranny or rear end to support the torque and stress I would like to know ahead of time. Also, I have the full k&n system, the tubing changes with the whipple kit, but will I be able to continue to use my filter or should I use the one that comes with the kit? I only ask because I spent $300 on my intake system and it would be a suck to waste it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2005 silverado z71 for referencing parts. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Whipple supplies you with everything that is required, fuel pump, programmer etc.. The kit is made to work with the stock engine so reliability is not compramised. We installed many of there kits and never had a issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts