GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a '97 gmc 3/4 ton 4x4. its in great shape inside and out. Its only got 120,000 on a 454 vortec:great:. I want to do a few things to it since its not going to be driven all that much. Frist thing that comes to mind is of course rim and tires. Why mess with what works right? Thing is I know that I can go any number of places and buy a set of aftermarket rims but I was hopeing to be a little different. See, I live in Calgary, Alberta. Out here, jacked up pickups are more common then honda accords:sleep:. Hell, a 1 ton is a run-around. Anyone reading this from Alberta knows what I mean. So here's what I'm thinking. What If I were to buy a set of 17" rims off a '07/'08 3/4 ton. Haven't seen that yet. Not out here anyway. They are easy to get since many people replace them within a few weeks of buying a new truck. I have seen sets with only 3000k on them for $400-$500. Will the bolt pattern work? I know for a fact that a set off a '99/'07 "classic" will work. Thats not that common either but it has been done. I like to stay with factory parts when I can so that's part of it too. If anyone out there has seen or heard tell of this being done, let me know.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey man I lived in calgary about 2 years ago so I know what you mean. The wheels will work as long as your truck doesn't have the 8 lug bol pattern which I don't think it does. Chances are the tires that it will come with will suck, I know mine did, so you might want to look into some AT's for those AB winters :great:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think it could have the 8 lug. My 2wd 2500 has 8 lug wheels on it

·
Registered
270 Posts
too bad you didnt live closer or come down herefor winter break because ive got 3 rims id give ya but they are 6 lug and17s stock rims that was on my 02 chevy av. but if anyone wants them they a free for the taking. just gathering up dust in my garage.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8 lug

The truck I have is an 8 bolt. GM stoped making light duty (7700 GVWR) 2500's in the early 90's I think. At least with a 6 bolt pattern anyway. By the way.For all you folks in warm places, wrap your mind around this. Its -32 C outside my door with a - 49 C (!!!!!!!) windchill. I don't know what that is in farenhight, but
f#@king cold just about anywere!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts