GM Truck Club Forum banner

Sylvania LEDriving 194/168/2825 bulbs

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Conlan Rose 
#1 ·
A little while ago I got my hands on Sylvania's newest automotive lighting product the new LEDriving bulbs. At 10.99 per bulb they are really expensive, but they are worth every penny.

The lights are advertised to be 150% brighter than regular bulbs and have a color of 6000K. I'm unsure of the life rating, but I assume it is very high. The bulbs are 100% street legal and can be used anywhere except the turn signals or other flasher. They fit snugly in to a standard 194 socket and are super easy to install, just plug and play.

You can instantly see the difference in brightness. Here are some pics of before and after:
Automotive lighting Light Lighting Vehicle door Headlamp
Light Automotive lighting Lighting Auto part Vehicle

I installed them in the map lights in the front and the front under dash lights
Car Vehicle Auto part Family car
Black Light Vehicle door Automotive lighting Automotive design

With all the lights on it looks like day time.
Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Center console

Its an insane diffidence of the license lights. You can even see how bright they are during the day.
Black Darkness Light Night Font
Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Measuring instrument

Currently you can't buy these lights and I'm not sure why, but I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks to my new buddy Brian for hooking me up with these sweet bulbs.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very bright....:glasses: Glad you like them....

#4 ·
Yah and currently I cant find where to buy them. I got mine by talking to sylvania directly.

Here are more pics that I took last night with the garage lights off.

Light Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle Car
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Family car
Sky Light Night Automotive lighting Darkness

I did learn that GM lies in their owners manual and lied to parts stores by telling them the map lights are type 211-2 bulbs they are actually type 168/194 bulbs.

Attachments

#5 ·
UPDATE!!

These bulbs are now back in stores!! I know for a fact they are at Autozone, yet to check other retailers. its $9.99 per bulb with a rated life of 6000 hours and insane brightness. They are rated for 1700 hours more than the Long Life and last 60x as long as Silverstar mini's 194 bulb. Also they are one of the few 100% legal for on-road use LED bulb on the market. Here's a link to it on Autozone's web site: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...9cjcm?itemIdentifier=449375&_requestid=663578

#6 ·
:great: Cool..

#8 ·
#9 ·
Next week I'm gonna try to get a few more for my truck so all the entry lights have them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.