GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rest assured folks, the US Government has deemed Chevy Silverados as their choice for pickups.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 with the Duramax. This is just one of the styles.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Bad lookin truck! The U.S. government is also partial to Trailblazers. I installed the E-flashers on a fleet of them for the national guard last year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since GM is still in operation thanks to the government it stands to reason they would drive Chevrolets.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
On the show Border Wars it looks like they only drive GM. Silverado, Suburbans, Tahoes

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That truck is sick! I call dibs on it when the government is done with it!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
That's sweet. Love the paint. Why are the headlights blacked-out?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
They look just bad ass.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I like the front view pic...that's one tough looking truck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is one sick looking truck. I bet it has some good times off-roading. As for why the headlights are blacked out, I imagine it is for the same reason they used a Matte paint job on it, to reduce visibility in the dark, one less thing to reflect light off of.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I would love to see the specs on it. Like if they beefed up the underside...

·
Registered
539 Posts
i always see the e.o.d and seals drive those at the training base i go to back in virginia

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Thats pretty awesome. If I ever get an older, beat up truck or blazer that needs new paint, that OD green is the color I'm gonna paint it:glasses:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
is there any way some one can "acquire" me one of those??? that truck looks sick!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Since a small block won't cut it for that truck, diesel is the only option. The Powerstroke is out given the horrific reliability of the 6.0 and 6.4, especially when driven hard regularly. The quiet DMax and super strong Alison is the natural choice.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
is there any way some one can "acquire" me one of those??? that truck looks sick!
In a few ten fifteen years I'm sure it will be surplus... they'll sell it to you then. If it's anything like most military surplus vehicles, it will probably only have a few miles on it. Haha.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
rock and roll on the tactical silverado.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I see this truck around town all of the time. It has badges on the doors that say "Tactical Edition". Who knows if he bought it this way or did it himself, but it's a cool notion.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yeah he prob. had them made i plan gettin some "Desert Edition" Badges for my truck for the side of doors the tailgate and the Grille will cost allot but make it unique just gotta save up money on the side! The one i want for the Grille is same size as the RBP badge and the Emblem is going to be the same size but allot more detail to it!

I see this truck around town all of the time. It has badges on the doors that say "Tactical Edition". Who knows if he bought it this way or did it himself, but it's a cool notion.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Thats pretty awesome. If I ever get an older, beat up truck or blazer that needs new paint, that OD green is the color I'm gonna paint it:glasses:
Yeah hopefully with the Government buying allot of GM vehicles they can recover themselves and move forward and everyone can hopefully forget about them getting helped out! Well when i was over sea's in Mosul, Iraq they used allot of Ford F-250 and F- 350 that we gave to the Iraqi Police so Ford was making a good penny for awhile along with Ford pickups on Post. So now hopefully GM can come back alive again and be on top!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts