GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Yes I know its pretty unconvential. But I love the versitility of being able to go into 4wd even at a lower stance.

The problem is I am having a heck of a time finding lowering parts to fit my 93 tahoe 2dr 4wd.

Any suggestions.

also on a side note. I am having some problems getting the brake lights to work. Taillights work with light switch on. Replaced brake switch, fuses, etc.

Wondering what might be causing it.

Any help on either subject would be so cool.

Thanks guys and gals!

-- Rhaz

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
For a 4wd you probably wont find any off the shelf parts to lower your truck. You'll have to go custom (expensive). Airbags could be used to do the job. The front will be a little harder, changing the front driveshaft angle will present a lot of problems due to clearance and u-joint binding problems.
If you want to lower your really better off starting with a 2wd truck, it'll be cheaper and a lot less hassle.

On the brake lights:
Check the ground to make sure you have good contact. If your using aftermarket light housings or bulbs make sure their compatable with your truck (some of the aftermarket lights/housings being sold are junk).
Check the wiring in the back to make sure you dont have a short.
If you have trailer wiring check it for damage or shorting.
Check the bulb sockets for corrosion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim,

I am using stock taillights. They were working then just died and never came back.

I was worried about dropping due to the angles you mentioned. But I am still checking into the situation, I am thinking airbags may be the best bet.

Rhaz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Tim,

I am using stock taillights. They were working then just died and never came back.

I was worried about dropping due to the angles you mentioned. But I am still checking into the situation, I am thinking airbags may be the best bet.

Rhaz
I'm no expert by any means but it might help if you look for a Blazer. Before 95 it was a fullsize Blazer. I know belltech makes a kit for a 95, check and see if one of these kits can be compatable with your truck. I understand wanting the versatility, I'm planning on dropping mine on 22's, I like to take my wife out camping and stuff still so the four-wheel drives a good thing to have. It's also great for winter driving on snow, I've been stationed in Alaska for the past 3 and a half years and well I couldn't do a winter without my 4 wheel drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts