GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so on my way home from work the other day i followed another silverado down the road a ways and i fell in love with his tail gate.....it had the raised "CHEVROLET" lettering like the avalanches do but it was on a silverado.....it looked like it was a plastic pieces held to the tailgate by 2 sided tape so ive been looking all over the web but cant find anything. has any1 else come across these? or know where i might find one?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. They should be able to assist you further. Please feel free to keep me posted as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok so, in comparison to your question, mine however, is more, lets say, preferential (?, if there is such a word, :p) ive decided to black out my avalanche, with mostly black trim pieces, tint, wheels, etc, so ive decided i want a decepticon decal on my truck, however, my back window already has a 44" chevy avalanche club sticker in it. where do I put the decepticon decal now?!? and dont say take out the club sticker, i will not do that.

Jon

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think you understand what i meant, i know is not a sticker...its a plasticmolding. and even tho it says Chevrolet , im pretty sure its aftermarket.

and jon, transformer stickers dont belong on real cars or trucks.....not my opinion, just a fact. If you want transformer stickers buy a neon to put them on, it will actually transform into and even crappier car right before your eyes

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. They should be able to assist you further. Please feel free to keep me posted as well. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
What in the world...............

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
ok so, in comparison to your question, mine however, is more, lets say, preferential (?, if there is such a word, :p) ive decided to black out my avalanche, with mostly black trim pieces, tint, wheels, etc, so ive decided i want a decepticon decal on my truck, however, my back window already has a 44" chevy avalanche club sticker in it. where do I put the decepticon decal now?!? and dont say take out the club sticker, i will not do that.

Jon
What in the world........... this thread is Radonkulis. Maybe slap it on the windshield over your face so when you go through red light cameras they dont know its you!

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
i dont think you understand what i meant, i know is not a sticker...its a plasticmolding. and even tho it says Chevrolet , im pretty sure its aftermarket.

and jon, transformer stickers dont belong on real cars or trucks.....not my opinion, just a fact. If you want transformer stickers buy a neon to put them on, it will actually transform into and even crappier car right before your eyes
I have seen these plastic letters at Autozone.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Chroma-3D-letter-kit/_/N-25wq?counter=0&itemIdentifier=54198_0_0_

And here;

http://www.chrome-car-letters.com/

http://www.chromecarletters.com/

Two different sites...similar domain name!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah adam thats it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone know what year exactly these beds were available and if the tailgate is interchangeable with e steel one?
?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Some trucks came from the factory with them. The tailgate handle cover is also molded into the tailgate too.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but where can they be found now?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yeah but where can they be found now?
The last years appears to be 2004.

http://wardsautoworld.com/ar/auto_boxed_2/

A guy I work with had one but he wasnt to happy with it I guess after a blow out on a rear tire that took out the entire back half of the bed.

My guess is you have a better chance of finding Big Foot.....but I have been wrong before.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

Wow, That's just low. SStoner's comment was just downright funny. If i want to do something with my truck, then I'll do it. no one needs those kinds of remarks, alright, guy?

thanks.

Jon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts