GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the service work done on my old 2002 Trailblazer (before I sold it). I was very please when I took it in to get the tail lights replaced that my dealer instantly gave me a rental car for the night. Picked it up the next morning and all is well.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I got the tail lights replaced in my '02 Trailblazer and it was a piece of cake. My dealer also gave me a free 2005 Envoy rental as well. I should have taken it in the last thing on Friday night so I would have gotten my rental for the weekend. However, I was very happy to get my own vehicle back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had mine replaced at the dealer in December. They had me in and out in about 45 minutes. No appointment, no waiting, no sweat.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think that the dealers have been pretty good about these cheifly because GM has been so good about paying them for this recall work. Like people we saying, they're getting rental cars for the weekend becuase GM's trying to be proactive about this.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Like I said, I got a bunch of stuff done at the same time, so it took a full day for me. But they gave me a rental 2005 Envoy, that was nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tail light recall

I just purchased 2002 TB and called the dealer when I found out about these recalls. I don't pick the vehicle up until Monday, the Manager assured me all will be checked and replaced. Its a good thing I found this site its nice to see everyone helping each other. My next question is what else should I expect (Good or Bad) as this is my first trailblazer. Thanks Miser01

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
You should expect very few problems if everything has been fixed on the recall list. There were a small host of issues that were all delt with with recalls.

Congrats on the purchace. How many miles, etc. are on it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did my turn signal recall took them 1 hour at most. KNOCK ON WOOD, I have had very few problems with my TB. So far it is a really good little suv. If you take care of your TB you shouldn't expect many issues. They are great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks steve picked the vehicle up this morning and everything checked out fine. I asked for a printout of all the recalls that were looked at and had no problem obtaining a copy of the full work order done on the T.B. It has 125 km and was owed by a GM Exec. in Michigan. It was the wifes vehicle and they have since divorced and it was all mostly highway miles on it. She lives in Ontario, Canada 45 minutes from Michigan. The vehicle was well looked after with no dents or scratches to be found. I also obtained the On Star package as there was a special that GM has on. It sure drives differently compared to my 1996 Sierra P/U. We will see what kind of gas mileage I get compared to the 350 I had in the P/U. P.S. The wife also loves it.

Miser (Mike)
Lighthouse Cove
Ontario, Canada

1 - 13 of 13 Posts