GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I read through their site, it's only for Suburbans (and other vehicles) with tailgates. No barn doors, sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I like the Idea of having a covered storage area back there for my Long guns. But in Maine I think that would be considered a concealed weapon, not sure.
I looked through there to Steve and if you look down at the pictures it looks like the first Burb doesn’t have a tail gate, no straps for the tail gate. They say they can make them for any vehicle. Plus the Yukon in the pictures have barn doors.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Prices really aren't all that bad $900 for the 2 drawer Burb.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've never seen aything quite like this. I know that there are other types of storage devices, but nothing like this that i've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Dam they do take up a lot of hight looking at it again in your truck there Dr_Zero.
I would prefer something in a lower profile. How much space do you need for guns?
How tall are those?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, they do take up some height, but I guess everything is a tradeoff.

Dr_Zero, do they come in and out, or are they bolted down?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
84fiero123 said:
How tall are those?
If I remember they are 10 inches high not bad at all really.

84fiero123 said:
How much space do you need for guns?
The one side that is open is where I keep my tow rope, first aid kit, air compressor, a roll of 12 terry cloth towels and the likes all the time.

The other drawer has dividers that run the length for long guns but are easily removed to carry whatever. I don't put guns in there unless going to the range or hunting.

So really its not all about space for guns but since you did ask it would take more than the one unit to carry them all plus ammo
:wink:

I saw one company that had these stacked up in the back floor to ceiling to carry their wares was wild to say the least.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Steve said:
Yeah, they do take up some height, but I guess everything is a tradeoff.

Dr_Zero, do they come in and out, or are they bolted down?
The height is not bad at all really.

You can have them either way, the model I have requires removal of the third seat to fit it in so I have mine where I can unbolt it.

It still takes 4-5 grown men to move it out of there so its no smash and grab even not bolted down.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dr_Zero said:
It still takes 4-5 grown men to move it out of there so its no smash and grab even not bolted down.
Really? How heavy are they?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I have a lot of guns to and the idea of having a lockable compartment for them is great. Up here in Maine the State Police Snipers carry their equipment in the backs of pickups with a bed cover that is lockable.
I do like the set up though.
I’m guessing it’s 1/4” X 1” Angle iron framework for the outer case and for the drawer frames with roller bearing slides for the drawers. Covered by 14 gauge steel. Made out of that much steel I would guess empty it weights in around 3 or 400 lbs.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Steve said:
Dr_Zero said:
Really? How heavy are they?
270+ depending on the model and its the size and weight that makes a couple of extra hand a big help.

Height: Standard Width: 48 " Length: 62.5 "
Weight: 270 lbs Volume: 13.99 Cubic Ft

What is the TruckVault made from?
TruckVault Products are manufactured from Medium Density Overlay (MDO). This is the same material you may recognize from its use as highway sign board.

How does MDO compare with metal?
Metal is heavier. Distinct advantages of TruckVault Products include the fact that MDO does not attract moisture, allowing you to store firearms, cameras and other sensitive valuables for long periods of time with much less risk than one would encounter using metal or plastic materials. MDO is a silent partner in your vehicle, no banging or rattling.

Can I haul heavy items on my TruckVault?
The top surface is 5/8 inch MDO, which is as strong as the floor in your home. Essentially, you can haul anything you can load on top of your TruckVault.

Is my standard TruckVault water-proof?
No. Your standard TruckVault was designed to install internally in your SUV or, in the case of a pickup truck, with a canopy or cover. Spilled water will have little effect on your TruckVault, however.

Do you make a Water-Proof TruckVault?
TruckVault manufactures the Extreme Series All-Weather TruckVault. Under most circumstance the Extreme Series All-Weather TruckVault is waterproof. The entirety of this unit is wrapped in waterproof Line-X protective liner, while the drawer closures are protected by rubber bulb seal. The All-Weather TruckVault series is available for pickup trucks and open vehicles such as the H-2 SUT.

Will my TruckVault keep crooks out?
A criminal with the right tools can open anything. Most vehicle robberies, however, are “smash and grab thefts”. TruckVault’s first line of defense is the fact that your valuables are out of sight. Secondly, its no easy task to break into a TruckVault. More often than not crooks do not have the time, skill and tools to break in. Read what past customers have had to say about this in our testimonials section.

How hard is it to install my New TruckVault?
Over the years, TruckVault products have been installed by thousands of sportsmen and agencies. Your TruckVault comes fully assembled except where components must be joined. In these cases, pieces are joined with machine screws into machine receivers. Considering TruckVault products are large, we suggest two people be involved in the initial install. Installation in a Suburban takes minutes while a full-size pickup truck unit may require most of an hour.

Can my TruckVault be removed?
Indeed it can. Many TruckVault users do remove them from time to time. It seems the biggest issue is, “Where do I put all of the stuff I stored in my TruckVault?”.

How do I care for my TruckVault?
Carpeted surfaces should be vacuumed periodically. Wood or composite features should be dealt with as you would any wooden household furniture. If tracks or rollers need service, do so with a silicone spray. Oil-based lubricants will attract and hold dust and dirt particles which can effect function and cause damage.

How do I attach the TruckVault to my vehicle?
All TruckVault Products are shipped with a means of attachment. These vary from vehicle to vehicle. Your TruckVault will come with easy-to-follow installation instructions and attachment detail.

How is my TruckVault delivered if I do not buy through a dealer?
TruckVault products are shipped by motor freight and can be delived to your residence or to a business address. Each TruckVault is carefully packed in cardboard and attached to a pallet.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I love it. What do you do work for them, or did you just cut and paste from the site?
Great product though. Like I said if it was all steel it would have weighed in at 300 or 400 lbs.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
84fiero123 said:
I love it. What do you do work for them, or did you just cut and paste from the site?
Great product though. Like I said if it was all steel it would have weighed in at 300 or 400 lbs.

No I dont work for them just really like the product :lol:

Yeah that is in thier FAQ section pretty good stuff

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Nice work, and how the hell did you get your Burbs picture in your sig.?I tried and can't get it to work.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
84fiero123 said:
Nice work, and how the hell did you get your Burbs picture in your sig.?I tried and can't get it to work.
It didnt want to work but I went into my profile and switched themes to the light one.

Then went into the sig box and tried the
code with the link to the pic between

Then went to the bottom not the top and clicked submit and it worked

I had tried before finally asked and it was what I was doing already but I was clicking the update button vs the submit and that was the problem

HTH!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Thanks I'm gonna try again. So far I have done everything like you said but it still won't work. If I can't get it to work soon I'll just send it to Steve.
Hell I had to email him a picture of my computer chair cause I couldn't get that posted.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts