GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Austin Police Department actually issued a public appology to the citizen who was tazed in this video. I mean, I've spent 10x more time looking for my Insurance card than this guy did and I never got tazed.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RGe8fJ597w[/MEDIA]

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he had reason for being stopped. Speeding 5 over (maybe?), not having a license plate on the rear of your car (yes!). But, the guy really wasn't being that mouthy, and it takes the human brain sometimes at least 5 or 10 seconds to process information in a crisis situation.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I might have been a little more angry than that guy if I got pulled over for going 5 over. The license plate thing I'll give it to him but from what I saw the guy was more shocked then being disrespectful.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is there more than just saying "sorry"? Like , uhh, Let the tazzered guy tazzer the Cop. (uups, I didn't think of that idea)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I feel for cops though, I really do. I know several, mostly from Arlington, Fort Worth, some smaller towns around here. One guy told me that he typically has people coming out watching him when he goes into a residential area, and often times he knows he's being taped from afar to boot. People are hoping that he does something so they can smack the city with a suit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Could that guy be working as an Insurance adjuster? and just told him he was at fault?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll help a Cop, any day.. I just don't have the patients to be one. I'll give the Cop the benefit. One time I was pulled over by a Cop who was just standing on the side of the road. After he finished giving me the ticket, I asked What would you have done if I hadn't stopped.? He said , "Nothing, I couldn't pursue you." I kicked myself all the way home.:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Tazering, The new extreme. Its the best they can do without bullets. My own thought on this is where did the old hands on the car go? Where did calmly talking go? Way overboard..

·
Registered
133 Posts
He should be fired, sued for use of excessive force, jailed for abuse of power and never allowed to work in any capacity of law enforcement for the rest of his life.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This story keeps slowly moving forward. From what I understand, the guy who was pulled over has been very level-headed about this whole thing and hasn't made it a huge deal. He didn't call the Rev. Al, let's put it that way, as far as I know.

More facts. The vehicle did have a licence plate, you cen see it in the rear-window of the vehicle and this cop has a small history of abuse against him in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts