GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings All just looking around on watch and i happen to find this website and it looked very friendly and helpful..

Well ive been in the coast guard two years in for another four then some currently stationed in georgetown SC just south of myrtle beach on 17.

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab ls 5.3 V-8, Basically Stock interior besides a Nice JVC head unit. HAve a Cobra CB/PA radio. Right now i have a flowmaster 40 dump ( changing tomorrow to straight pipe dualed with 4 in tips, diagonally set with the corner of my bumper).spectre cold air intake. Westin grille Guard and two 6 inch fog lights. found an old tool box on craigs list took a wheel grinder to it then had it rhino lined. spray in bed liner( bought it that way dont kno what it is) 25% tint on front windows 5% on back. Nice side step bars ill get back with a brand and more pics. Currently waiting on money to get returned from a programmer then buying some led tail lights pics to come very excited bout that. 35x12.5x17 procomp all terrains need new ones( have a side savings account for tho haha around 300 a piece :no:. Procomp suspension ill post tho details later.Viper alarm system with auto start love that. i think thats about it ill be posting pictures when i get off duty for peoples viewing pleasure and i am very open to ideas. It has 57k miles on it and still purrs like a kitten

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!! Sounds like you've been having some fun and keeping busy with all the work you have done. Looking forward to seeing the additional pics when you post them.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice, im hoping this sounds good ive been on tha border about straight pipe but hey it will make a good thread to tell everyone

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
For most, I think sound is personal preference; or what your neighbors, laws, or significant others will tolerate (my wife is not a big fan of loud, she even makes me keep the radio volume at a reasonable lever; hers!). When I was younger, louder was definitely better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally ill be 21 in three weeks and i love hearing trucks on tha highway from my house half a mile away haha

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
If you can get away with loud, I'd go for it! Enjoy it while you can. I had cherry bombs when I was in high school (and a little beyond) and loved them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club JP, & thanks for your service. Nice lookin' truck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just gotta get off duty and its clean right now ill take some pics and go find a mud hole( Or Create one <--- MY CHOICE) and post some tomorrow after i get my exhaust done. 25 miles round trip im bound to find some trouble

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the club man! i am 26 and i still like hearin the trucks roar past my house, like mine, i have the same setup as you i get harrased by the typcial nothing better to do cops around Boston!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got one thing to say to them @@@@ Em hahah. but my military id works as a get outta free card i just dont kno cause im new to this area i kno my last duty station it did. i can promise you one thing tho im bout to find out

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Nothing better to do.....than their jobs?
haha Touche

1 - 20 of 26 Posts