GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 silverado 2500hd and last week while driving threw the field the truck shut off. I was in reverse around 5000 rpm when the truck shut completly off. I noticed the engine temp was buried over 280 degrees and I was worried that the motor blew because it wouldn't start again after it shut off. 3 days later I finally got it to crank over and after doing that for about 10 min it started. BUT now it will not move every gear i select does nothing and its throwing the code tfp valve position switch circuit. I also noticed it will not go into 4x4 low. Does any one have any ideas on what I need to fix this . . . Please help

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
5 grand in reverse through a field??!! You must have been bauling halls!

Does the motor rev and everything? It just won't move?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
5 grand in reverse through a field??!! You must have been bauling halls!
Exactly the same thing I was wondering Nathan. Most people don't even see 5,000 rpm in the foreward gears.

Hey Langkam, since you say the engine temp was buried at over 280 deg. F, I would check your compression before you drive this anymore. Then I'd check to see why it was running so hot in the first place. Do you also have a trans temp guage on it? If so how hot did the trans get? Do you have an auxillary trans cooler on this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts