GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,532 Posts
and we could see the other side of the mountain, plus the side we climbed. This picture is looking back down over Levan, where we came up. Elevation here is ~8000 ft. To get a feel for how infrequently this road has been travelled this spring, we are standing on the "road" in the foreground.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Wow, 8000 feet, that's crazy. Where was this taken at? In Utah? Highest I think I've driven (that I can remember) is 5200 feet at Paradise near Mt. Rainier.

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. I guess I posted where the picture was taken in the picture's description in the gallery, but not here. The little town in the background is Levan, UT. We are up in the San Pitch mountains to the east of Levan.

I guess it's one of those things I like about living around here. Plenty of opportunities, when time allows, to get out and enjoy the mountains.

BTW, thanks TrailLeadr for gettting the image to show up. I couldn't figure out how to get the image in the post properly.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very nice picture! Go Chevy!

·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We did have to go through one small remnant of a mudhole, so the road may not have been passable until the last few weeks.

And the five of us in the photo aren't all that were there. We were using the seating capacity in that beast to it's full 9 passenger capability. That's one of the things I like about a Suburban: the ability to haul a bunch of people in reasonable comfort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts