GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one have not gotten on this site enough but today I come to get something off my chest. Why does the Greed of another man's ride make criminal Lust over it. Twisting there minds to the point of Thievery? We put so much love and care into these vehicles for what? Some punk to come along and take what's yours. I recently had my 2002 GMC Yukon stolen from my own carport where I live. Had it for less then 5 hors and managed to rip out the whole entire dash, the stereo the amps all the tools in the back, they even took my cheap Walmart rubber floor Matt's. They took away years of hardwork all the hours spent on fixing all that for nothing. I ait gonna lie it hurt. But its like my daddy use to say "can't keep anything nice these days, if you want to keep it nice you gotta shove it up your ass and the theives would still be picking at it". I just wish the cowards were there when I came out. But thats the cowards way to sneak in the night. But she will rise again. If she won't purr again, ill make her soar. But or all this to happen again....maybe. i know im nkt the first person this has happen to before, but its a first for me. Wonder what yall thoughts are on this.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
So sorry, David. I know the feeling. Had my ‘94 taken from my carport at my apartment. Same basic thing happened except they didn’t tear the dash. 4 years ago punks smash and grabbed a toolbox out of my ‘95 by thumping the driver rear vent window with a large bolt on a string.

Fast forward to this past spring. Punkazz kids drove by my house several times and shot my truck with a BB gun. A dozen dents and two broken windows in my topper.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Man, that really sucks. It is rear in my area for someone to steal your ride, but they will pull door handles at night, and rummage through your ride to take whatever they can find. Had my wifes I-pad stolen a few years ago. I know my alarm system has saved my truck a few times. After the I-pod was stolen, I told me wife, you have to lock up you ride anytime your not in it. If some jerk wants your ride bad enough, they will get it, but there are things you can do to make it harder for them to get it. An alarm system helps, a kill switch helps a lot. If they cant start it, they cant take it with out a wrecker truck. Only thing is, they can smash it in your drive way, but hey, thats what the Glock, or 45 is for. I never walk away from my truck without locking and setting the alarm. I can just walk into the gas station store for a second, and I still lock it and set the alarm. Its easy with the key fob.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Really sorry about your truck man. Not trying to pour salt in a wound, but you gotta remember, they don’t make our trucks anymore. And when you have one that looks that good, thieves know the inside is probably just as good or better. Get an aftermarket anti theft system. You’ll get a discount on your insurance too. My viper system will let you set the sensitivity of sensors. Right now it’s set to “very sensitive”. As in, if a soccer ball hits it, or if I slam the tailgate shut, it sets off. Obviously not good for deer camp, but I can change it. Hope you get it fixed soon friend. With the Rona and people desperate and out of work, it’s gonna keep happening.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Like Rebel_bowtie, I also have a Viper alarm. They are inexpsive and do a grate job of protecing you vehicle. Like I sais before, the keyless entry is an added plus. I will never be without it again. Its a good idea to have it installed for you. Any aftermarket alarm system, works on very low voltage, so ot uses relays to operate its functions. You can NOT just hook up a system directly to you truck, you will short the system out without using relays. So what Im saying is just go to best buy ( or a place that installs car stereos) and but one there, dont mail order a system.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Very sorry David, humanity isn't what it was even a few years ago. I installed a invisible professional kill switch in both of my trucks, called "Car-Defender". Has a little black fob, and you need to touch the fob to the area where the receiver is, (You can place it anywhere you want, The inventor put the first one in his wifes 240Z in the bucket seat side), it will beep, then you have 30 seconds to put the key in and start the engine. You need to show every shop you go to how to start the engine, but it works really well. I've put so much work in my 88 Blazer, that when I travel, and stop for the night, I sleep in my truck, me and the 9mm Beretta. Crazy ? Perhaps ! But I've never had anyone try to disturb me. Where I live, my house is on a dead end street, truck is garaged, two vehicles in front of it in the driveway, can someone try to take it, sure. But not without a lot of drama and gunfire. But in this state, if their on your property laying dead, it's just lawful paperwork. if they leave, they can bleed out on the road, provided they make it that far. But there is no tolerance for thieves, none ! Sorry for your disappointment in society, it ain't much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts