GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It snowed again here in Arlington. 100 miles north usually sees snow, 100 miles south never sees snow, so we're right in the middle. It's been a cold and crazy winter.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It snowed again here in Arlington. 100 miles north usually sees snow, 100 miles south never sees snow, so we're right in the middle. It's been a cold and crazy winter.
Tell me about it. It's been cold, but we haven't gotten any more snow except for two weeks ago, and it lasted all of one day I think. So far this season it's snowed once here. It snowed once in the fall (mid November) that's it.

I'm not saying it to rub it in. I love the snow, I'd much rather have it be cold and snowy than just be cold.

·
1,457 Posts
I saw it on the news; you all are getting a lot of ice and snow in Texas and other states.
Over here we have 10 degrees Celsius above zero.
Normally we have snow and ice. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got to work at 8:30 am, left for about 20 minutes at 1:30 PM, and left again at 6:30 today. Not sure, but I think it was like 60F when I went to get something to eat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
60F:( I wish. Yesterday when I left my house at 5:30am it was 1 degree. The wind was blowing hard making it feel like -10 to -20. Today however at 5:30am it was a balmy 2 degrees. The high's have been in the high teens low
20's but the wind is still up there. Finally got some snow last Friday. Only about 3 inches but that's fine with me.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60F:( I wish. Yesterday when I left my house at 5:30am it was 1 degree. The wind was blowing hard making it feel like -10 to -20. Today however at 5:30am it was a balmy 2 degrees. The high's have been in the high teens low
20's but the wind is still up there. Finally got some snow last Friday. Only about 3 inches but that's fine with me.
It's been a wierd winter, the Jet stream is all screwed up.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Snow??

Sorry about that Steve I sent that down to ya from Canada. Hope you like it..

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
It was -11 this morning when Amanda got on the bus for school.

Snow, we haven’t gotten but a couple of little 5 or 6” storms.

I don’t mind the snow, rather have a 2’ snow storm than below 0 temperatures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It was -11 this morning when Amanda got on the bus for school.

Snow, we haven’t gotten but a couple of little 5 or 6” storms.

I don’t mind the snow, rather have a 2’ snow storm than below 0 temperatures.
I remember those days up in Maine. I was Stationed at Naval Air Station Brunswick Maine. Man it does get cold up there but one of the most beautiful states that I have ever been too.
The temps here in NJ have been on the rise. Monday morning it was 1 Degree. Tuesday it was 2 to 3 degrees. Yesterday was 5 and today it is 7. I figure by March we should get to freezing(32 degrees) haha

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I grew up in the northwest, I got depressed with the long, cold and wet winters. Now that I've been down in Dallas for going on 8 years, I could handle a little bit of a cold winter again, just not the rain. We've really liked having a cold winter, becuase it's going to be 95F and hot soon enough!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts