GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the fact of the matter is it's ALWAYS the same thing.

My truck has a GM rebuilt 5.3L with 100k miles on it and a GM rebuilt trans with 40k miles on it. I've been steadily losing power since the transmission swap, so I figured there was a computer issue or something. I've been waiting to get the truck to a transmission shop until I got my wife's Suburban sorted, but today changed things.

On my way home today, I had a brake caliper cease, so I pulled into my mechanic. Because of past experiences and discussions related to flat tires and fuel pumps on this forum, I had the fuel pressure tested while I walked across the street to the auto parts store. Wouldn't you know...I was 20psi below spec. No wonder I can't get out of my own way!

I drove home with no problems after diagnosing the fuel pump. I believe the fuel pump is basically magic, sentient, and likes attention. Even my calipers unlocked!!!

New rear calipers, rotors, and pads installed tomorrow. I have to order the ACDelco fuel pump.

Remember, folks...check your fuel pressure.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
That’s way to funny!!!

Whoda thunk?

There’s a reason I have a permanently installed fuel gauge on the throttle body. Right, Pete? @PlaywithTBI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts