GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking through the forums and it seems lots like the ccm 2.5 level kit..i jave a 2007 silverado LTZ with the 20's 275 55 20..my question is will the 2.5 level make my front slightly higher than the rear. will i need some sort of back spacing..if so send me in the right direction for the spaceing. i always see trucks on here with the kit but i never see a direct side snap shot of how the truck sits on pavement. if you have a pic of this kit from the side post..i just dont want to put this lift on there ..put a small load in my bed and be sagging down. i want the most level kit possible..if it means not buying the ccm ,so be it

thanks

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Every truck is differant so some trucks sit level, some slightly higher in the front and some still sit higher in the rear after having leveling kits installed. I would install the leveling kit in the front and adjust the back with a block to get the truck how you would like it to sit.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Here is my truck......

1.5" Front level

2.25" Front level

2.25" Front level + 1" larger rear block

I hope that helps you some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i am gonna get the ccm 2.5 front level kit with readylift 3'' blocks for the rear..from all i have ready about people sitting to low or to high when adding lift. this seems the proper way of both worlds..

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I agree. Also, if you are going to go with the 3" ReadyLift blocks make sure you either order the shock extenders or get new, longer shocks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I went with the ready lift 2.25front and 3inch blocks for rear, but my truck really did not change as much as yours shows. however i did not change my shocks, think that has something to do with it? I called Ready lift prior to putting them on, and they said shock changes was not necessary. Just get alignment done after install.

Your truck does look good btw...:happy:

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks 98hotrod! I did see 2.5" increase from the level kit and very happy with it. The shocks only bettered the ride but was not needed or increased the height. I am running 295/70R17's so that make it look bigger than yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts