GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a quote from a local shop on bed lining the rockers and stuff of my truck, but I was looking at the Herculiner stuff. Just curious if anybody has done this themselves. I know that preparation is key so I doubt there will be any errors in it when/if I do it, I was just hoping for some tips or maybe some pictures of peoples rigs with the sides and rockers lined.

Only reason I am doing this is that the paint is starting to chip something fierce and I think it'll look cool. Thinking of doing it in gray rather than black.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It sounds good, I just got a 98 K1500 and will be either bedlining or rubber undercoating it as I have the same problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
It should take care of the rust and stuff on the bottom alot better than just covering it with a stainless stick on piece

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I had a shop do mine after several times doing hurculiner on my trucks. The shop removed the rest and then coated everything with nice thick rubber that will hold up and ive had the truck offroad and hit the body against trees and rocks and the stuff is still holding strong. Id prefere to have a shop do it but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i had mine done when i they put the bed liner in...mine is Line-X...i like it...good luck with yours!

sorry...i re-read it...you are thinking of doing the rockers...doh!...i did my wheel wells...i have seen others do it...it looks pretty bad a$$...again...good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts