GM Truck Club Forum banner

Thinking of dumping a 07 5.3 Silverado?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  RatRod 
#1 ·
Go for it! The dealership will give you a sob story about the bad sounds you will get when you cut to 4 cylinders. Yeah its noticable, but only if your listening for it. Kinda just sounds like a lower rougher idle. Thats it. Definetly not bad enough to buy official GM exhaust. When running pipes out the back, they require that the spare tire be removed. Smart thinking there. Plus, it was 740$ just to order thru parts dept, not counting install. If you love loud exhaust, I say go for dumps. On my 98 2 Door 5.7 Tahoe I had true dual Flowmaster 40s dumped...now I have single Flow 40 one in/two out dumped at the front of the wheelwell. Badass sound, hella interior resonance (i like that) and they will definetly hear you coming. Pics soon.

#2 ·
my buddy has a 5.3L Silverado dumped and it sounds very "low"..u dont get that Roar like you would with An Electric Cutout.in my opinion sounds even better especially when its opened,it sounds like a open head camero and when closed back to My Flowmaster 40 Series Rumble.when opened an est.10hp is gained instantly and top end is gained but u lose some low end.QTP and DHM makes these Electric Cutouts for around 150.00 its pretty easy to install i did my own.

#8 ·
:great: sounds frickin awesome...not as loud as my 98 5.7 tahoe true dual dumped, but its a start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.