GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a 2007-2008 trailblazer, i know nothing about these, I was wondering what type of gas mileage you guys were getting out of these in the city and highway??? I am looking to buy a 4wd also.. straight 6 i guess these have in them, will they pull a trailer and a polaris ranger with no difficulties, the combo is close to 4,000 pounds??? are there any major problems with the years i am inquiring about??? I guess more pros and cons of them would be nice. Hope some can shed some input. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The class-leading standard engine in the 2007 TrailBlazer was the award-winning Vortec 4.2L I-6, which produces 291 horsepower (217 kW) and 277 lb.-ft. of torque (375 Nm). The Hydra-Matic 4L60 electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission was matched with both the Vortec 4.2L and Vortec 5.3L engines. Regulated voltage control was new for the Vortec 4.2L and Vortec 5.3L engines. It enhances fuel economy by reducing the load on the engine generated by the alternator. TrailBlazer uses hydroformed steel frame side rails, which form a strong foundation for the trucks’ overall strength and solid feel, even on unpaved surfaces. A five-link rear suspension and independent, double-A-arms up front work with a system of 12 specially tuned body mounts using hydraulics and rubber pads to dramatically reduce vibration and harshness on any kind of road or trail. Four-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes are standard. An Autotrac four-wheel drive system is standard on 4WD models. The 2007 TrailBlazer with the Vortec 4.2L I-6 (LL8) engine and 4WD gets 15 MPG city, 21 MPG highway, and 20 MPG combined. The TrailBlazer (4.2L) with 4WD has a trailer towing maximum of 6100 lbs. I hope this information is a start. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I get 14-16 MPG in town and about 20 on the highway. I have towed quite a bit with my TB with the 3.42 gears. From what I can tell they did a lot of improvements to the platform.

·
Registered
51 Posts
probably not relevant, but with the 2005 model that my family had back then, the gas mileage was about 12 city 17 highway, the factory forgot to spray an undercoating on the chassis and it was completely rusted over in less than 6 months, and the gas cap (all 3 that we went through) continuously came loose while driving. So it sounds like from the above comments they really made some good improvements. I'm sure you won't have to worry about any of this garbage.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Wifes '05 2wd Trailblazer has been very good to us. Replaced the alternater and thermostat in 6 years and 80,000 miles. Its lowered and we took off the roof rack bows, use Mobil1 synthetics in the engine, trans and rear end, have Magnaflow exhaust, AFE CAI and we use NON-ethanal ( know thats not spelled right) gas and she gets 18-19city and 24-26 hwy at 60mph. She's easy on the gas pedal. We check the tires every week for proper air pressure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you are wanting more information there are other sites that are dedicated to the GMT360 platform with much more information than is on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts