GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
if you live in a hot area LIKE 100deg f and higher , then this can help with improving the engines performance.

you put the CAI and a TB spacer on a vehicle in a cold area like northern USA you will not like the results..

·
Super Moderator
4,783 Posts
I was think about installing a throttle body spacer in my truck, is it a good idea. If someone has experience with a throttle spacer can you give me some feed back on it?
Chuck welcome to the Site......Not knowing what Year, Model, and Engine your Vehicle Has/is??.....its a little hard to give some input regarding aftermarket Throttle Body Spacer's.....

If your Looking for Better Performance, More H.P.....IMO Look at Going with a Custom Tune, Going with a Custom Tune will Yield you the Best Bang for your Buck, and Also The Best Return on your Investment!!!!.....

Black Bear Performance Custom Tunes(Link Below)is the Custom Tune That Is Most Often Mentioned, they Often Mail Order, In-Person, Live Logging Data Custom Tunes....

Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/faqs.asp

Tuning Services
http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
I'd suggest using the site search function and reading some of the throttle body spacer info, I think most will suggest there are better places to spend your money.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Throttlebody spacers only do any good on a TBI (wet system) to help atomize the air/fuel mixture, PFI 1996 and newer are (dry systems and no fuel mixes with the air near the throttle body.
So if you have a PFI truck its worthless.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I did some research into this awhile back. All indications are a TB spacers essentially useless on EFI engines.

Most ads for TB spacers claim they provide more horsepower, better torque and increased fuel mileage.

One has to consider that with all the pressure on vehicle manufacturers to increase fuel mileage, if TB spacers really worked would they not already be using them?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Throttle Body Spacers = "Snake Oil". Keep your money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts