GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so suffice to say my 4.8 has a ridiculous throttle lag, i no its the damn drive by wire but the truck is so wimpy to 40-50 km/h...i just ordered a diablo tuner, my question is can i expect this to resolve the problem?i cant even back my camper into my driveway ( slight incline) in 2 wd i have to use 4lo. i want to solve the go pedal issue first then its uncork the exhaust and a cold air intake...but this first.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
What year is your truck?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trucks a 2010...it not so much lag i think it the torque management..believe that's the name...if i mash the gas from a stop it does very little and slowly accelerates..then at about 40 its wide open. even with trac and stabillitrak off theres no difference.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Yep, its the torque management. I know most of the tuners are working on how to remove this from the NBS trucks. Check with Diablo to see if there tuner part# U7194 will turn off the torque management.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i have it on order from summit, ill let you guys know how it works, only ggonna do an 87 canned tune...91 is too expensive :D

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Thanks for the update so far it looks like i have some more research to do on the 2008 up trucks. I know that my 2006 had the same lag problem but it was a software problem. However there is a major difference between the two. For sure let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya..im gonna try and do a b4 and after vid as well...programmers at the border should only be a few days now lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
should be here tomorrow :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
87 tune didnt do what i wanted...damn bog is still the same....im gonna contact diablo and see if i did something wrong...i really wish superchips had something available...i put it on my ram and was like holy s**t first time i floored it.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Per my second post here, did you contact Diablo before you purchased to see if there programmer turned off the T/Q?? Also you need to adjust your LongTermFuelTrims (LTFT's)? This makes a differance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
iv asked twice and they keep evading an answer and tell me the 91 tune give more power than the 87....i was askin if the 87 tune removed TM and they evaded it altogether...87 tune out of the hole feels like nothing was done and like i told the diablo guy, it sure dosent feel like 400 bucks.hes like use 91 gas...im not first off cause its about 5.50 a gal as it is.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Did you fine tune the LTFT's ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you fine tune the LTFT's ?
no i didnt ..im not looking for more power...just something to battle the torque management...the truck is a dog off the line..after words its fine.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
As long as you purchased the Diablo, take advantage of ALL the fine tuning. Adjusting the LTFT's really helps with throttle response, mpg's and power. Its on there website how to adjust. If you have trouble finding it let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts