GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban, and the accelarator is very hard to push, i have lubed everything very well, taken the cable completly off forced oil into it and nothing helps, there is another stud beside where the cable hooks up at the throttle body, with nothing attached to it, some old chevys i had years ago had a spring attached some where, but i do not know if something is missing orwhat, the cable works very free when not attached and the throttle body does not seem to be that hard to push open either, the only thing hooked up at the throttle body is the throttle cable and i think something is missing, but iam not sure, i have sprayed a whole can of carb cleaner on the throttle body, thinking this would help, but nothing seems to help, got any ideas!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Unfortunately every chevy truck I have driven that is pre 1995 has the hard gas pedal. My 94 suburban's is really hard to push and my 95's is easy. I think they must have changed the design of the pedal with the newer interior that started in 95.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is not what i wanted to hear, i have got stuck twice because, i cant push the gas easy enough and when the tires break loose in the mud it is done for, but thanks any way

·
Registered
333 Posts
Does the throttle shaft operate freely with the cables and return springs removed? If no, have you checked to see if the shaft has become warped or shifted so the butterflies are rubbing?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i have a 94 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban, and the accelarator is very hard to push, i have lubed everything very well, taken the cable completly off forced oil into it and nothing helps, there is another stud beside where the cable hooks up at the throttle body, with nothing attached to it, some old chevys i had years ago had a spring attached some where, but i do not know if something is missing orwhat, the cable works very free when not attached and the throttle body does not seem to be that hard to push open either, the only thing hooked up at the throttle body is the throttle cable and i think something is missing, but iam not sure, i have sprayed a whole can of carb cleaner on the throttle body, thinking this would help, but nothing seems to help, got any ideas!!!!!!!!!!
If it has EFI clean the throttle body regular gas will gum it up. Chris

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I had the same problem with the 89 I had (same engine). I replaced the cable and it helped a ton.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a 93 sub and i have no problms but i agree try gettin a new throttle cable and see if that works if not your out like $10 i think

·
Registered
337 Posts
The throttle cable on mine ('91) is stiff....
There are times when it does seem to glide easier.....not sure what causes that....but for the most part it is stiff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts