GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am looking to get a noisy timing gear drive bcuz i wanna add that sweet sounding whine to my engine. but i need to know if they make one for a 350? did they make anything for the 350? i am just getting to know this motor. i went to summit and its way confusing for me.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey thx man will that fit an 89 though?
As long as '89 Suburban engines aren't equipped with knock sensors, it should work fine (I think '89 'burbs were equipped?). For some reason the harmonics of any single / dual-idler gear drive will throw off your knock sensors and wreak havoc with your motor running smoothly.

And yeah... the sound of a gear drive is loverrrrly... but I ended up removing mine out of my '69 Chevelle after two months. The first few weeks are fun, but having to hear it every single day after that got annoying. The newer Pete Jackson's are actually pretty quiet (even the ones "machined for more noise") compared to the one I had that was manufactured in the mid-80's. As annoying as it was, I kinda miss that classic sound. :)

Reactions: TrailLeadr

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
As long as '89 Suburban engines aren't equipped with knock sensors, it should work fine (I think '89 'burbs were equipped?). For some reason the harmonics of any single / dual-idler gear drive will throw off your knock sensors and wreak havoc with your motor running smoothly.

And yeah... the sound of a gear drive is loverrrrly... but I ended up removing mine out of my '69 Chevelle after two months. The first few weeks are fun, but having to hear it every single day after that got annoying. The newer Pete Jackson's are actually pretty quiet (even the ones "machined for more noise") compared to the one I had that was manufactured in the mid-80's. As annoying as it was, I kinda miss that classic sound. :)
Hey a 55 Chevy post your ride in our picture gallery....please. That'd be sweet. I love the 55 car or truck for that matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts