GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been kicking this idea around for a while. I have access to an Automotive shop that can do anything mechanical. But I was trying to figure out the degree of difficulty it would be to take a 2001-2004 Silverado LWB with a 5.3L that has been rolled and just do a Chassis swap. to have all the comforts of a newer truck with the classic apeal. the 69 is a bare minimum farm truck with the 307 and a glide So what do yall think? I am pretty set on it. but anybody can just throw in a 350 and deal with the wheel hop of the rear suspention but I want better handing of the newer truck. If anyone has ever tried something like this please let me know.

·
Registered
902 Posts
im sure you'd have a ton hours invested into trial and error getting the body mounts set up and leveled out....but it'd be one sweet ride, who doesnt love the ole C-10 body! id go short bed tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of my peers have been telling me to go short bed but for some reason SWB in the 67-72 body doesnt look right to me. Its just an opinion. Its gonna be used as a truck after its done and with 4wheelers and my brothers bike. I think I should keep the LWB I want the "new truck" parts hidden so it looks like an ordinary ish 69 C/10. Body mounting is gonna be a pain for sure. Thanks for the input. 67-72 is my favorit body as well.

·
Registered
902 Posts
and it would be bad ass if you could find a gear driven timing set for the 5.3 to get that awesome old time sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts