GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Silverado 1500 crew cab short bed (5'8") with an over-the-rail bed liner.

I'm looking to purchase a tonneau cover - soft, that will work with the over-the-rail bed liner. I don't mind cutting the bedliner. Looking to spend no more than $250. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I have a Truxedo that sits above my bed rails. The cover itself sits a 3/4" about the bedrails and the tonneau cover railmounts mount directly on top of the bed rails. However, because the mounts used C type to mount, I ended up drilling a few holes on each side, thus not it does not stick out from inside of the bed rails. I think they are about $300 bucks though......it is model #:

TruXedo 263701 TruXport Soft Roll-Up Dual Latch Tonneau Cover

I'm sure your model # will be different, as I have a 6'6" bed

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
TruXedo and Extang both have good soft tonneau's. Check out there websites, they have several that fit with over-the-rail bedliners.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you decide to go with the Extang, the snapless model is worth it for the ease of operation. I've had a snapless Extang now for 7 years and wouldn't be without it. I've had two trucks with Extang tonno's and like them very much.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I also have a Extang snapless, had it since '05 and it still hanging in there. I just wash with truck every week and once a month use a protectant on it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have the Extang 'Tuff Tono' which sits on top of the rail w/ 2 piece clips fastening the rails, the guy cut little windows in my liner.

No snaps, good warranty and it comes w/ a parts list if you do need stuff. One for my long bed was higher than a standard or shorter one. It was a little over $350.00 installed.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Extang was the first company to come out with a cover that had a frame system that clamped on so you didn't have to drill holes in the bed of your truck. Now everybody makes 'em.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have the trifecta hard cover and really like it. I was debating on going with the soft one but to keep stuff more secure went with the hard one. The reason I like the trifecta is it folds in three sections and can easily be removed for full use of the bed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts